The Student Committee is a voice for RQSPAL’s graduate and postgraduate students and serves a preferential channel of communication between the next generation and the directors. Its goal is to ensure a stimulating and structured student and learning environment to all of the RQSPAL’s students. Its mandate is to represent all students registered in graduate level studies whose research activities relate to palliative and end-of-life care. Its function is to advise the Executive and Scientific committees about its priorities, to participate in the RQSPAL’s mandate and to increase knowledge diffusion and transfert. The Student Committee can also participate in developing activities that can increase student members’ involvement and feelings of belonging to the RQSPAL.
The Student Committee consists of graduate and post-graduate students registered in a university program and represents all RQSPAL’s student members. Ideally, the committee includes five members distributed as follows: two Master’s level students, two doctoral level students, and on postdoctoral intern. The RQSPAL’s coordinator (non-voting) is also in the Student Committee. The Student Commitee’s members are:
- Émilie Allard, PhD candidate, Université de Montréal, supervised by Alain Legault, Nursing Sciences Faculty. Click here to see her Student Information Card.
- Josianne Avoine-Blondin, PhD candidate, Université de Sherbrooke, supervised by Serge Sultan and Véronique Parent, Psychology
- Philippe Laperle, PhD candidate, Université de Montréal, supervised by Deborah Ummel, Clinical Psychology
- Sabrina Lessard, PhD candidate, Université de Montréal, supervised by Sylvie Fortin, Art and Sciences Faculty, Anthropology
- Elizabeth Pépin, MSc candidate, Université du Québec à Rimouski, supervised by Johanne Hébert, Nursing Sciences Faculty
- Martin Roberge, MSc candidate, Université Laval, supervised by Diane Tapp, Nursing Sciences Faculty
- François Tardif, RQSPAL’s coordinator, guest